|dc.description.abstract||When the exterior economic environment rapidly changes,enterprises have to frame transformation strategies in accordance with the outer environment and resources within the company for the sake of sustainable development.The diversification strategy is one of the most common models in respect of enterprise transformation. However, the corresponding risk exists opposite to this strategy, and enterprises shall not blindy drift with the tide when implementing the transformation. In addition to the exterior overall circumstance and the industry environment, this study also aims to probe into whether the internal resources and condition should be taken into consideration, as well as that whether there are some more definite influencing factors for the diversification strategy planning.
According to the Resource-based View, capability patterns that enterprises possess will influence their choice to enter the business domain when proceeding with the diversification strategy.Per their operational demands, enterprises will extend self resource capabilities or rely on strategic alliance, self development, merger and acquisition to enter the desired industry level and achieve the purpose of diversification.
This study is mainly to probe into motives that the case company adopts diversification strategy, and to evaluate performances. By analyzing variances of environment in cold cathode fluorescent lamp module industry as well as the influence of internal resources and capability, the author further proposes suggestions for the case company to adopt the diversification strategy. For the most part, this study utilizes qualitative research methods to probe into various variables including the diversification strategy of case company, the procedure of resource dependence, and the control pattern. Through collecting data from essays, news reports, journals and relevant websites, the diversification strategy of such case company has been researched; through gathering secondary data, in-depth interviews on senior managers in the case company, and synchronal environmental analysis inside/outside the industry, the transformation of diversification strategy and formative factors are found, and operational strategies of the case company in respect of diversification are sketched accordingly.
With regard to the diversification strategies adopted by the case company, this study has made the following conclusions and suggestions.
1. The case company has obtained complementary resources by acquiring A Optoelectronics Company.
2. The case company has enhanced its core technical abilities and patents through the strategic alliance with B Company.
3. The case company has established the direction developing new products by adopting self-development strategy.
4. When adopting the strategy of merger and acquisition, key talents must be retained.
5. When adopting strategic alliance, regulations of the operational model with counterpart must be established.
6. The adoption of self-development strategy must be matched up with resources and capability within the company.