||When businesses are facing intense global competition and complex business environments, most managers take effort to cooperate with other bussiness partners for achieving specific business objectives. Businesses attempt to optimize the integration of their resources in order to quickly respond to customer requests, market demands and competitive acts. When companies attempt to increase their supply chain efficiency, improving their internal operational processes is indispensable. Once internal operational processes are optimized, better synergies of the collaboration between companies are more likely to be acheived.|
This study is based on a semiconductor package manufacturer in Taiwan with a focus on its business process management. The study reviewed the literature about “Business Process Management,” “Business Process Management System,” and “Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.” At the same time, the researcher collected primary data and secondary data by participating in the BPMS development. By analyzing the data, the study demonstrated how to help the case company solve the issues related to efficiency, cost, process integration and data integration by FMEA. Further, the researcher also collected opinions from managers by interview to check the actual effectiveness of the implemented BPMS.
The summarized findings are as follows. A successfully implemented BPMS, which could provide integrated data and real-time information, certainly brought about efficiency improvement for the company. At the same time, the company combined BPMS with FMEA to implement internal processes change and process improvement. It helped the company obtain better performance and better workflows by using four principles of ECRS (Eliminate, Combine, Rearrange and Simplify). After the implemention, the business processes of the company are indeed more effective with improved information accuracy, service quality and operating costs, thus achieving the performance goals of the implementation.
1. Alonso, G. & Schek, H. J. (1996). “Research issues in large workflow management systems,” In Proceedings of NSF Workshop on Workflow and Process Automation in Information Science, pp 126-132.
2. Bernus, P. & Nemes, L. (1995). “Enterprise integration: engineering tools for designing enterprises,” Heron, 8, pp.1-11.
3. Bond, B., Burdick, D., Miklovic, D., Pond, K., & Eschinger, C. (1999). “C-commerce: The new arena for business applications,” Research Note, Gartner Group.
4. Collins, T. (1999). “Striking it big together,” Supply Management, 4, pp. 28-30.
5. Davenport, T. H. & Short, J. E. (1990). “The new industrial engineering: Information technology and business process redesign,” Sloan Management Review, 31 (4), pp. 11-27.
6. Davenport, T. H. (1993). “Process innovation: Reengineering work through information technology,” Boston: Harvard Business Press.
7. Delphi Group (2005), “BPM 2005 market milestone report,” A Delphi Group White Paper, p. 5.
8. Ford Motor Company (1988), “Potential failure mode and effects analysis,” Instruction Manual.
9. Georgakopoulos, D., Hornick, M., & Sheth, A. (1995). “An overview of workflow management: From process modeling to workflow automation infrastructure,” Distributed and Parallel Databases, 3 (2), pp. 119-153.
10. Harrington, H. J. (1991). “Business process improvement: The breakthrough trategy for total quality, productivity, and competitiveness,” New York: McGraw-Hill.
11. Hammer, M. (1990). “Reengineering work: Don′t automate, obliterate,” Harvard Business Review, 68(4), pp. 104-112.
12. Hammer, M. & Champy, J. (1993). “Reengineering the corporation: A manifesto for business revolution,” Business Horizons, 36 (5), pp. 90-91.
13. Hollingsworth, D. (1995). “The workflow reference model,” Workflow Management Coalition, pp. 6-18
14. Hronec, S. M. & Andersen, A. (1993). “Vital signs: Using quality, time, and cost performance measurements to chart your company′s future,” New York: Amacom.
15. IBM (2012). “Leading through connections,” CEO C-suite Studies, p. 46.
16. Li, H. & Shi, M. (1999). “Application of agents in workflow management system,” APCC/OECC ′99. Fifth Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications and Fourth Optoelectronics and Communications Conference, 2, pp. 1068-1072.
17. McCready, S. (1992). “There is more than one kind of workflow software,” Computerworld, 2, pp. 86-90.
18. Marchand, D. & Stanford, M. (1995). “Business process redesign: A framework for harmonizing people, information and technology,” Business Process Change: Reengineering Concepts, Methods and Technologies, pp. 34-56.
19. Mohan, C. (1996). “State of the art in workflow management research and products,” ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, 25 (2), pp. 544-560.
20. Rakich, J. S., Longest Jr, B. B., Darr, K., & Guerrieri, L. R. (1993). “Managing health services organizations,” Journal for Nurses in Professional Development, 9 (3), p. 162.
21. Smith, H. & Fingar, P. (2002). “Business process management: The third wave,” Florida: Meghan-Kiffer Press.
22. Stamatis, D. H. (2003). “Failure mode and effect analysis: FMEA from theory to execution,” Milwakee: ASQ Quality Press.
23. Teng, S. H. G. & Ho, S. Y. M. (1996). “Failure mode and effects analysis: an integrated approach for product design and process control,” International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 13 (5), pp. 8-26.
24. Tenner, A. R. & DeToro, I. J. (1997). “Process redesign: the implementation guide for managers,” Reading: Addison-Wesley.
1. 李訓仁 (2007)，「BPM資訊系統實務應用特性之研究」，中原大學資訊管理研究所碩士論文。
2. 吳萬益 (2011)，「企業經營與診斷」，台北：前程文化。
3. 屈君懋 (2010)，「企業流程分析方法之研究」，國立中山大學資訊管理研究所碩士論文。
4. 曹健齡、楊義明 (1997)，「失效模式與效應分析的作業方式」，品質管制月刊，第33卷第4期，頁 55-59。
5. 張清亮、陳文欽、蔡志弘 (1999)，「CE認證之產品風險分析─以一般醫療器材為例」，機械工業，第191期，頁 154-162。
6. 張慶童 (2006)，「壽險業IT導入BPM之研究－以個案公司系統再造為例」，國立政治大學經營管理碩士學程資訊管理組論文。
7. 莊秀文、許國敏、莊淑婷 (2006)，「病人安全與風險管理實務導引」，台北：華杏。
8. 連茂森 (2006)，「企業導入商業流程管理系統之個案研究」，國立臺灣科技大學資訊管理研究所碩士論文。
9. 黃敬仁、廖麗滿 (2008)，「企業電子化之彈性工作流程建構機制設計」，技術學刊，第23卷第2期，頁 71-82.
10. 黃彥棻 (2012)，「特力集團打造零售四合一計畫」，iThome電腦報，第578期，頁 20-22。
11. 梁嘉凱 (2000)，「企業程序管理應用之個案研究」，東吳大學企業管理研究所碩士論文。
12. 梁賓先 (2004)，「BPM≠Workflow＋EAI」Available online: http://www.flowring.com/pagelogic/mainpage.jsp?pl=ma300010040000tc. (Downloaded: December 12, 2013)。
13. 陳玲君 (2013)，「台灣IC先進封測產業發展策略與趨勢」，經濟部投資業務處全球台商e焦點電子報, 第243期，Available online: http://twbusiness.nat.gov.tw/epaperArticle.do?id=239042567. (Downloaded: November 6, 2013)。
14. 游佳萍 (1997)，「企業流程分析模式之設計與實作」，國立中山大學資訊管理系碩士論文。
15. 潘建光、楊尚文 (2012)，「2012年台灣IC製造與封測產業發展回顧與展望」，資策會。
16. 謝財源、張忠孝、鐘清章、邱柏松、王英一 (1990)，「可靠度管理手冊」，中華民國品質管制學會, 頁 195-211。
17. 羅應浮 (2000)，「專案管理的失效模式與效應分析」，中華大學工業工程管理研究所碩士論文。