This essay is to study the field of the electronic component distribution sector. Electronic component is exactly including electronic sub products that include the elements of active, passive, mechanical, and function,
etc.. parts. The electronic component distributor plays an important role as a bridge between the upper components supplier and the below manufacturer in the structure mode of manufacturing and distribution in the
electronic filed. The upper of the sector is the assorted electronic components manufacturers of domestic and foreign, while the below is referred to the manufacturers of the electronic products of information, communication and consumption. The middle distributor will provide the upper manufacturer with a complete sales network, while
provide the below manufacture with the information service of merging and applying, with its professional technical ability and the wide knowledge to the electronic components products. Furthermore, it can merge the demands of the below manufacturers and unify them to place order to the upper manufacturer, so as to gain an
advantage of the most competitive price. Meanwhile, with the systemic warehousing management and various agent brands distribution, it can sale the products to the below of the sector. By this way, the upper, middle and
below of the sector play their own roles in it, so that the whole operation efficiency of the electronic sector can be improved, for which we call ‘Technical Logistic Distributor ’’.
The purpose of this study is to discuss how the electronic components distributor’s core competitiveness and management strategies in an uncertainty environment affect the operating achievement, with the help of documents research and the opinions given by the specialist and scholars, so as to give a reference to those
people who run enterprises.
My study begins from the electronic components distributor, collecting the operating achievements and their key management strategies of the Top 47 domestic electronic components distributor, as well as the Top 50 in the
North America. Besides of that, I specially choose three representative companies with over 12-year history as the interview objects for study. The interviewees include the senior staff in the company and the staff who have
left the company. To improve the credit of the interview result, we have interviewed more than two of the staff for each company.
The enterprise resources owned by the companies of different sizes, as well as the resource programmed by the electronic component distributor in the uncertainty environment, have caused to the different management
strategies that accordingly affect the operating achievement of the enterprises. The theory structure of this essay is developed basing on these opinions.
The analysis structure of this study has been affected by the uneasy data availability of the study objects. The operating achievement and efforts are based on the sales amount, the EPS, and the turnover rate of capital. With the operating achievements and efforts as the starting point, we analyze the key factors of management strategies caused by the operating environment and the resources of individual enterprise at the very time, and then do the
case study by analysis and comparison. By this way, 8 points have been found and concluded to11 point’s suggestion of management strategies as below:
1. Except for the influence of the big economic environment, the operating environment of the electronic components distributor is also affected by the demand of no stock and short lead-time from the customer, as well as the high instability of models changing. So it is necessary for the enterprises to set up an efficient supplying arrangement system and to well use the MIS system to efficiently decline the uncertainty.
2. As the Technical Logistic distributor, FAE function is the main core function to the electronic components distributor
3. The dealer who can well use and keep maintaining to increase the core competitiveness, can have quite a good operating achievement.
4. Different electronic component distributors have different ways to maintain their competitiveness.
5. The forming of the various strategies are affected by the different culture at the very time introduced by the different people run the enterprises in the electronic component distribution, although they are in a same
6. If the person runs the enterprise knows well the core value of the enterprise itself is the talent, and put emphasis on that, it will directly affect the operating achievement.
7.Merge and strategic alliance are very important management strategies for develop the China market.
8. Different electronic components distributors have different enterprise resources. Most of them can have quite a good operating achievement, if they can make a good use of their core competitiveness they own. The following points are what the people in the electronic components distribution have to review:
a. The exact resource value chain of their own enterprises
b. The exact value chain of their customer’s enterprises
c. The exact value chain of their suppliers
d. To grasp the trend of the big economic environment
e. To analyze the strategies of the competitors
f. Finally, to put the limited resource into the clear and achievable management strategies, so as to make the biggest profit.
1. To put emphasis on the human resource development
2. To increase the development of the agent channels for the products
3. To grasp the development progress of the end-product sector
4. To strengthen FAE technique support ability
5. To monitor the economy environment of the sector as well as the stock adjustment
6. To develop and join to compete in the China market
7. To build up the e-commerce and new marketing sales modes, as well as to improve the logistic supporting
8. To establish an irrevocable relationship of systemic connection with the upper supplier
9. To establish an irrevocable relationship of systemic connection with the below manufacturer
10. To grasp the merging and alliance opportunity to get grown to maturity
11. To well-know your own value chain and do not make a wrong estimation about your situation and ability, nor to make a wrong decision
2. Collis J.David and Montgomery A. Cynthia (Oct 1997) ， 哈佛商業評論: “企業
策略”李芳齡譯(2001) ，台北: 天下文化, pp4-67
3. Courtney Hugh, Kirkland Jane and Viguerie Patrick (Nov-Dec 1997)， 哈佛商業
4. Michael E.Porter 著“Competitive Advantage”，李明軒與邱如美譯（ 1999），
7. 司徒達賢、林晉寬，1998 年6 月，「台灣優勢廠商之資源管理模式」，管理學報，第15 卷第2 期，第255-270 頁。
10. 洪文俊(2001), “三個基本面九項重點觀察電子零件通路業”電子時報2001/4/30
12. 胡聖生(2002) 我國半導體零件通路產業之競爭策略分析國立中山大學企業管理學系碩士論文
15. 新電子科技雜誌2002/12 201 期
16. 新電子科技雜誌2002/8 197 期
17. 新電子科技雜誌2003/1 202 期
18. 溫慕垚(1995),”台灣中小企業經營策略－經營環境、企業資源、業主能力之互動” 國立政治大學企業管理研究所碩士論文
19. 鄭凱雯(2002) “ 電子零件業千億商機誰得頭籌”新電子科技雜誌2002/8 197
20. 鄭凱雯(2002) “ 電子零件業千億商機誰得頭籌”新電子科技雜誌2002/8 197
23. 賴昱璋(2002),”綜觀台灣半導體通路商產業”,新電子科技雜誌2002/8 197期,pp156-161
1. “The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Languguage 3rd ed”,Boston :
2. Aaker D. A. (1988), “Strategy Market Management, 2nd ed”, New York：John
Wiley & Sons, Inc.
3. Abell F. Derek. (1980),“Defining the Business: The Starting Point of Strategic
planning”, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, pp.169
4. Alfred Chandler (1962), “Strategy and Structure: Chapters in the History of the
American Enterprise”, Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press.
5. Andrews K. R. (1987), “The Concept of Corporate Strategy”, Homewood Ill：
Dow Jones-Irwin, ch3.
6. Andrews K.R.(1971), “The Concept of Corporate Strategy”，Home-wood, Ill.:
Dow Jones Irwin.
7. Andrews Kenneth R. (1980) “The Concept of Corporate Strategy” R.D.
Homewood, Ill.: Irwin.
8. Ansoff H. I. (1965),”Corporate Strategy”,New York: McGraw-Hill.
9. Ansoff Igor H. (1965) “Corporate strategy: An analytic approach to business
policy for growth and expansion”, New York: McGraw-Hill.
10. Ansoff Igor.H (1984),” Corporate Strategy”, London: Penguin Books, pp.97-100.
11. Barney B.J. (1986/Oct), “Strategic Factor Market: Expectations, Luck and
Business Strategy, Management Science”, pp.1231
12. Birger Wernerfelt (1984), “A Resource-based View of The Firm “ Strategic
Management Journal, pp.171
13. Caves E.R. and Porter Michael E. (May 1997), “From entry Barriers to Mobility
Barriers”, Quarterly Journal of Economics, pp.241-262.
14. Collis David J. and Montgomery Cynthia A. (Oct 1997), “Corporate Strategy -A
Resource Based Approach” McGraw-Hill/Irwin
15. Courtney Hugh, Kirkland Jane and Viguerie Patrick (Nov-Dec 1997), “Managing
Uncertainty”, Harvard Business Review, pp 79-91
16. DeFillppi J.R.and Reed R. (1990),“Causal Ambiguity, Barriers to Imitation, and
Sustainable Competitive Advantage,” Academy of Management Review 15,
17. EBN May 13, 2002
18. Glueck W. F (1976), “Business Policy: Strategy Formulation and Management
Action, 2nd Ed” New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., chap. 3.
19. Glueck William F. (1980), “Business Policy and Strategic Management”, New
20. Hamel G and Prahalad K.C (May-June 1990), “The Core Competence of the
Corporation,” Harvard Business Review, pp79-91
21. Harrigan R. K. (1984),”Formulating Vertical Integration Strategies”, Academy of
Management Review 9,pp.638-652.
22. Harrigan R.K (1985),”An Application of Clustering for strategic Group
Analysis”, strategic Management Journal 6,pp.55-73.
23. Hatten J.K and Schendel E.D (1977),“Heterogeneity Within and Industry: Firm
Conduct in the U.S. Brewing Industry, 1952-71”, Journal of Industrial
Economics 26, pp.97-113.
24. Hill Charles W.L. & Jones Gareth R. (1995), “Strategic Management Theory”,
Houghton Mifflin Company.
25. Hofer C.W. and Schendel D. (1978),“Strategy Formulation: Analytical
Concepts”, St. Paul, Minn: West.
26. Hofer Charles W. and Schendel Dan E. (1978), “Strategy Formulation:
Analytical concepts”, St. Paul: West Pub. Co.
27. Kotler Philip (1967) “Marketing Management: Analysis, planning, and control”
Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
28. Mahoney, J. T and Pandian, J. R. (1992), “The Resource-Based View within the
conversation of strategic management” Strategic Management Journal 13,pp.363
29. Michael Porter E. (1979), “The Structure within Industries and Companies’
Performance”, Review of Economics and Statistics, 61,pp.214-227.
30. Michael Porter E. (1980), “Competitive Strategy”，Free pass, New York.
31. Michael Porter E. (1985), “Competitive advantage: Creating and sustaining
superior performance” Free Press (New York and London)
32. Michael Porter E. (1998), “Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing
Industries and Competitors” Free Press.
33. Mintzberg Henry (1978), “Patterns in Strategy Formulation”, Management
34. Quinn James B. (1980),“Strategies for Change: Logical Instrumentalism”，
Homewood, Ill.: Irwin.
35. Stern Louis W. and El-Ansary Adel I. (1996), “Marketing Channels, 5thed”,
Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice hall.
36. Teece J.D (1986),“Profiting from Technological Innovation”, in The Competitive
Challenge, New York: Harper&Row, pp.26-54.