This master’’s thesis can be mainly described in two parts. Part.1: The synthesis of octaphenylsilsesquioxane(OPS) under different reaction conditions by using phenyltriethoxysilane as a reactant in aprotic solvents,such as benzene , acetone -trile , toluene.The synthesis is compared with the original approach published earlier by reaction time and its corres -ponding yields to improve the disvantage of taking too much time.Then, Octa(nitrophenyl)silsesquioxane (ONPS) is prepared by nitration of OPS in the mixture of nitric acid and sulfuric acid instead of the unavailable highly concentrated fuming nitric acid. ONPS is transformed to OAPS by the reduction method of hydrazine and Palladium on active carbon as the catalyst,and make a comparison between the different reduction method.
Part.2:Using OAPS,diazotized by adding hydrochlorric acid and sodium nitrite ,as a developing agent couple with different grounds(β-naphthol ,G-acid ,H-acid ,etc.) to form kinds of azoic dyes.
The monographs about OAPS which have been published is to form the polyimide complex with excellent thermal stability,but there are no researches about azoic dyes. As OAPS has a property of one anino group on each benzene ring ,it appears to provide a good building block for the construction of materials.Using the propertity to synthesize diazo dyes,expecting the resulting products has 8 chromogens in one molecular to improve the dying ability.
(3) The society of dyes and colourists American Association“Colour Index”，Third Edition Volume 4，p.4193(1971)
(4) The society of dyes and colourists American Association“Colour Index”，Third Edition Volume 4，p.4154 (1971)
(5) The society of dyes and colourists American Association“Colour Index”，Third Edition Volume 4，p.4277 (1971)
(7) Thurston J.T.,J.Am.Chem.Soc.1951,73,2981
(8) Desai P.S. and Desai K.R.J.,Indian.Chem.Soc.1990,67,688
(10) Brown J.F.Jr.;Vogt L.H.,Jr.;Prescott P.I.,J.Am.Chem. Soc.1964,86,1120
(11) Olsson K.;Gronwall C.,ArkiV.Kemi.1963,17,529
(12) Ryo Tamaki,Yasuyuki Tanaka,Michael Z. Asuncion,Jiwon Choi, and Richard M. Laine, J.Am.Chem.Soc.2001,123,12416
(15) Choi,j.Harcup,J.;Yee,A.F;Zhu,Q.;Laine,R.M., J.Am.Chem.Soc.2001,123,11420
(16) Tamaki R.,Choi J.,Laine R.M., Chem. Mater.2003,793,205
(17) Feher F.J. et al.,Organometallics 1991,10,2525
(18) Feher F.J.,Soulivong D.,Lewis G.T.,J.Am.Chem.Soc. 1997,119,11323
(19) Feher F.J.,Soulivong D.,Frank N.,Chem.Commun.1998,p1279
(20) Feher F.J.,Chem.Commun.1999,p1705
(21) Feher F.J.,Terroba R.,ZillerJ.W.,Chem.Commun.1999,p2153
(22) Organic synthesis
(23) John McMurry,Organic Chemistry 4th edition