1. Such criteria also may be useful for supplier performance evaluation. See Ed Timmerman, "An Approach to Vendor Performance Evaluation," Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, vol. 22, no. 4 (Winter 1986), pp. 2-8.
2. Burt, David N., Proactive Procurement, (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1984).
3. Canada, John R., Edward H. Frazelle, Robert K. Koger, and Earl MacCormac, "How to Make a Career Choice: The Use of Analytic Hierarchy Process," Industrial Management, vol. 27 (September-October 1985), pp. 16-22.
4. William R. Soukup, "Supplier Selection Strategies," Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, vol. 23, no. 2 (Summer 1987), pp. 7-12.
5. Cook, Thomas, Paul Falchi, and Reynaldo Mariano, "An Urban Allocation Model Combination Time Series and Analytic Hierarchical Methods," Management Science, vol. 30, (February 1984), pp. 198-208.
6. Robert E. Gregory, "Source Selection: A Matrix Approach," Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, vol. 22, no. 2 (Summer 1986), pp. 24-29.
7. Dickson, Gary W., "Analysis of Vendor Selection System and Decisions," Journal of Purchasing, vol. 2 (February 1966), pp. 5-17.
8. Dyer, Robert F. and Ernest H. Forman, An Analytic Approach to Marketing Decisions, (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall 1991).
9. See Kenneth N. Thompson, "Vendor Profile Analysis," Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, vol. 26, no. 4 (Winter 1990), pp. 11-18; T. Hillman Willis and Richard C. Huston, "Vendor Requirements and Evaluation in a Just-in-Time Environment," vol. 10, no.4, pp. 41-50.
10. Foreman, Ernest H., Thomas L. Saaty, Mary Ann Selly, and Rozann Waldron, Expert Choice, (McLean, VA: Decision Support Software 1988).
11. Hwang, C. L. and K. Yoon, Multiple Attribute Decision Making Methods and Applications A State-of-the-Art Survey. (Berlin: Springer-Verlag 1981).
12. Matthew J. Liberatore and Robert L. Nydick, An Analytic Hierarchy Approach for Evaluating Product Formulations," Computer Aided Formulation: A Manual for Implementation, Alan H. Bohl, ed. (VCH Publishing Company, 1990), pp. 179-94
13. Saaty, T.L., The Analytical Hierarchy Process, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1980.
14. Lilien, Gary L. and M. Anthony wong, "An Exploratory Investigation of the Structure of the Buying Center in the Metalworking Industry." Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 21 (February 1984), pp. 1-11.
15. Saaty, T.L., The Analytical Hierarchy Process, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1980.
16. Le Blanc, L.A. and Jelasi, M.T., "DSS Software Selection: A Multiple Criteria Decision Methodology", Information & Management, Vol. 17, 1989, pp. 49-65.
17. Rao, C.P. and G.E. Kiser, "Educational Buyers' Perceptions of Vendor Attributes," Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, vol. 16 (Winter 1980), pp. 25-30.
18. Allen, M.K. and Helferich, O.K., Putting Expert Systems to Work in Logistics, Council of Logistics Management, Oak Brook, IL, 1990, p. 51.
19. Harker, P.T., "The Art and Science of Decision Making: The Analytic Hierarchy Process", in Golden, B.L., Wasil, E.A. and Harker, P.T. (Eds), The Analytic Hierarchy Process: Applications and Studies, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, 1989, p.5.
20. Robinson, P. J., C. W. Faris, and Y Wind, Industrial Buying and Creative Marketing, (Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1967).
21. Bagchi, P.K., "Carrier Selection: The Analytic Hierarchy Process", The Logistics and Transportation Review, Vol. 25 No. 1, March 1989, pp. 63-74.
22. Saaty, Thomas L., The Analytic Hierarchy Process, (New York: McGray-Hill 1980).
23. Spekman, R. E. and L. W. Stern, "Environmental Uncertainty and Buying Group Structure: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Marketing, vol. 43 (1979), pp. 54-64.
24. Barbarosoglu, G. and T. Yazgac. "An Application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process to the Supplier Selection Problem," Production and Inventory Management Journal, First Quarter 1997, pp. 15-21.
25. Tullous, Raydel and J. Michael Munson, "Trade-offs Under Uncertainty: Implications for Industrial Purchasers," International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, vol. 27, (1991), pp. 24-31.
26. Bernard, P "Managing Vendor Performance," Production and Inventory Management Journal, (30), 1989, pp. 1-7.
27. Woodside, Arch G., Tibor Karpati, and Dubravki Kakarigi, "Organizational Buying in Selected Yugoslav Firms," Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 7 (December 1978), pp. 391-395.
28. Bolch, B. W. and C.T. Huang. Multivariate Statistical Methods for Business and Economics, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1974.
29. Woodside, Arch G. and Niren Vyas, Industrial Purchasing Strategies, (Lexington, Mass: Lexington Books, 1987)
30. Browning, J.M., N.B. Zabriskie, and A.B. Huellmantel. "Strategic Purchasing Planning," Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, (19:1), Spring 1983, pp. 19-24. Burton, T.T. "JIT/Repetitive Sourcing Strategies: 'Tying the Knot' with Your Suppliers," Production and Inventory Management Journal, (29), 1988, pp. 38-41.
31. Pearson, J.N. and Gritzmacher, K.J. , Purchasing into Strategic Management", Long Range Planning, Vol. 23 No. 3, 1990, PP. 9
32. Flynn, B.B., R.G. Schroeder, and S. Sakakibara. "A Framework for Quality Management Research and an Associated Measurement Instrument," Journal of Operations Management, (11), 1994, pp. 339-366.
33. Kaplan, Robert.S. “ Devising a Balanced Scorecard Matched to Business Strategy.” Planning Review (September-October 1994): 15-19 and 48
34. Kaplan, Robert S. and David P. Norton. The Balanced Scorecard-Translating Strategy into Action. Boston, mass.: Harvard Business School Press, 1996a.______”Putting the Balanced Scorecard to Work.” Harvard Business Review. (September-October 1993): 134-147
35. Hahn, C.K., PA. Pinto, and DJ. Bragg. "`Just-In-Time' Production and Purchasing," Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, (19:3), Fall 1983, pp. 2-10.Bernard, P.,Managing Vendor Performance" production and Inventory Management Journal, First guarter 1989, PP-1-7.
36. Dickson, G.W., "An Analysis of Vendor Selection Systems and Decisions' , Journal of Purchasing, Vol. 2 No. 1, 1966, pp. 5-17.
37. Chapman, S.N. "Just-In-Time Supplier Inventory: An Empirical Implementation Model," International Journal of Production Research, (27), 1993, pp. 1993-2007.
38. Weber, C.A., Current, J.R. and Benton, W.C.,"Vendor Selection Criteria and Methods", European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 50, 1991, pp. 2-18.
39. Simon, H.A., The New Science of Management Decision, Harper & Row, New York, NY, 1960.
40. Buffa, F.P. and Jackson, W.M "A Goal-programming Model for Purchase Planning', Journal of purchasing and Metals Management, 1983, pp. 27-34.
41. Ellram, L. "Total Cost of Ownership: An Analysis Approach for Purchasing," International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, (25:8), 1995, pp. 4-23.
42. Sharma, D., Benton, W.C and Srivastava, R., Competitive Strategy and Purchasing Decisions", proceedings of the 1989 Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute, 1989, PP. 1088-90.
43. Saaty, T.L., Analytic Hierarchy Process, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 1980.
44. Saaty, T.L., "Concepts, Theory and Techniques: Rank Generation, preservation and Reversal in the Analytic Hierarchy Process': Decision Sciences, Vol. 18 No. 2, 1987, pp. 157-72.
45. Mohanty, R.P., 'Project Selection through journal of Criteria Decision Method", International Journal of Project Management, Vol. 10 No. 1, February 1992, pp. 31-8.
46. Mohanty, R.P. and Sitalaxmi, V., Manufacturing System Selection through, AHP proceedings of ICARV-92, Singapore, 15-18 September 1992, PP. IA5.4.1-5.4.6.
49. Alisha D Youngblood, Terry R Collins, Addressing Balanced Scorecard trade-off issues between performance metrics using multi-attribute utility theory Engineering Management Journal. Rolla: Mar 2003.Vol.15, Iss. 1; pg. 11, 7 pgs
50. Andra Gumbus, Dorothy E Bellhouse Lyons, A three year journey to organizational and financial health using the Balanced Scorecard The Journal of Business and Economic Studies. Oakdale: Fall 2003.Vol.9, Iss. 2; pg. 54)