||In order to support mobility for users，Mobile IPv4 and Mobile IPv6|
were proposed by IETF as the main protocols. Because of some disadvantages of Mobile IPv6, HMIPv6 has been proposed to reduce the signaling overhead and handover latency by deploying Mobility Anchor Point (MAP) in the IPv6 network.
In this thesis, we proposed a MAP selection algorithm, It can let Mobile Node select an appropriate MAP by its dwell time and handover probability.
And we also introduce the concept of dynamice abstract MAP, it can effectively reduce the frequency of Inter-domain handoff and can avoid the overload in MAPs. Finally, We use NS2 to simulate the performance of the proposed scheme is. The simulation results show that scheme can reduce the handover latency and the load of each MAP more efficiently.We also need to condiser what cost is appropriate to destroy the abstract MAP,and how to construct a abstract MAP topology efficiently.
||1. C. Perkins, Ed. August 2002. “IP Mobility Support for IPv4” , RFC-3344.|
2. D. Johnson, C. Perkins, and J. Arkko. June 2004. “Mobility Support in IPv6”,RFC-3775.
3. R. Koodli, Ed. July 2005. “Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6”, RFC-4068.
4. H. Soliman , C. Castelluccia , K. El Malki, and L. Bellier . August 2005. “Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 mobility management(HMIPv6) ”, RFC4140.
5. Conta, A. and S. Deering, December 1998. "Generic Packet Tunneling in IPv6 Specification", RFC 2473.
6. T. Narten, E. Nordmark, and W. Simpson. December 1998.” Neighbor Discovery for IP Version 6 (IPv6)”, RFC-2461.
7. Takashi Kumagai, Takuya Asaka, and Tatsuro Takahashi . 2004. “Location Management Using Mobile History for Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Networks”. Global Telecommunications Conference, GLOBECOM '04. IEEE Volume 3, 29 Nov.-3 Dec. 2004, Page(s):1585 - 1589 Vol.3
8. K. Kawano, K. Kinoshita, and K. Murakami.2002. “A mobility-based terminal management in IPv6 networks”. IEICE Trans. Comm., vol.E85-B, no.10,Page(s):2090–2099, Oct. 2002.
9. K. Kawano, K. Kinoshita, and K. Murakami.2004. “A study on estimation of mobility of terminals for hierarchical mobility management scheme”. IEICE Trans. Comm., vol.E87-B, no.9, Sept. 2004.
10. Keita Kawano, Kazuhiko Kinoshita,and Koso Murakami.2004. “Multilevel Hierarchical Mobility Management Scheme in Complicated Structured Networks”. IEEE International Conference on Local Computer Networks(LCN) Pages 34-41, Nov. 2004
11. Masaki Bandai and Iwao Sasase.2003. “A load balancing mobility management for Multilevel Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 networks”. IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Communications (PIMRC'03), pp.460-464, Beijing, China, Sep. 2003.
12. Chr.Bettstetter, H.Hartenstein, and X.P´erez-Costa, “Stochastic Properties of the Random Waypoint Mobility Model,＂ ACM Mobicom Workshop MSWIM, 2002.
13. The Network Simulator - ns-2 , http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/