||Developing real estate in Honduras over the last few years has become a profitable business that is growing day by day, and additionally has become part of a plan from the government to abolish poverty. As a result people have been given the opportunity to either buy a house or simply rent. Sadly this lucrative business is not managed efficiently because of the lake of creativity and innovation. This problem could be solved with the help of the Internet, some GIS tools and the proper information.|
The basic idea is to offer a service online that can be provided as a tool for those people who want to sell their home in a fast, cheap and convenient way. In this type of business it is important to give service that is new, refreshing and different, so more people will be interested in what you are offering. For instance we can use the Google map as a tool to query any elements of interest potential customers might have, like schools, parks, markets, and so on, of the surrounding area.
One of the biggest advantages of this system is that it makes the search for or selling of a property fast and easy. By just looking at a webpage the interested buyer already knows most of the information without leaving home or work. It also gives a quick access to owner’s information without an intermediary, so both parties won’t have to lose time meeting with a broker, which is the basic case of a conventional real estate company. The intention of this research is to improve the way of doing real estate in Honduras with new techniques and innovations so both seller and costumer can be satisfied.
||1. Lets Go Honduras. [Online] [Cited: 5 25, 2007.] wwww.letsgohonduras.com.|
2. Uguarte, Maria Magdalena. Encuesta de opinion Empresarial . Tegucigalpa : Instituto Naccionla de Estadistica, 2005.
3. House selling. Teguciglapa vende . Tegucigalpa : El Herlado News, 2006.
4. Malala, J. N. The Relationship Between Computer Literacy. Online Marketing, and B2B Electronic Commerce. s.l. : Business Research Yearbook , (2003).
5. Honduras Internet Users. Internet world stats. [Online] 2007. [Cited: 3 15, 2007.] www.internetworldstats.com/am/hn.html.
6. National Institute of Estadistic of Honduras. [Online] [Cited: 3 12, 2007.] www.ine-hn.org.
7. Futura Bienes Y Raices Honduras . [Online] [Cited: 3 2, 2007.] www.casa-futura.net/Casa%20Futura2/bienesraices.html.
8. Realtors Profile of home buyers ans seller of United State . [Online] [Cited: 3 10, 2007.] www.realtors.org.
9. Miami Real Estate. [Online] [Cited: 4 6, 2007.] www.miamibeach411.com.
10. Internet use and Real Estate Brokerage Market Intermediation. Zumpano, Leonardo V., Johnson, Ken H and Anderson, Randy I. New York : Journal of Housing Economics, 2003.
11. Chang, Kang Tsung. Introduction to Geographic Information System. 3d Edition. Idaho : McGraw Hill Educations.
12. Kropla, Bill. Map Server, open source GIS development. New York : Apress, 2005. ISBN: 1-59059-490-8.
13. Distributing proprietary geographic data on the World Wide Web - UCLA GIS Database and Map Server. Jafang Su, Joan Slottow and Moze, Avi. California : Elsevier Science, 1999, Computer and Geociences Journal.
14. Guo, Liang. Web Map Server. Computer Science and Engineering. s.l. : University of Minnesota, 2006. Report.
15. Google API Documentation . [Online] [Cited: 4 12, 2007.] www.google.com/apis/map/documentation/index.html.
16. Data Base Architecture. 4d edition s.l. : Wingenious, 2005.
17. Gibson, Rich and Shulyler, Erle. Google Map Hacks. First Edition. s.l. : O'Reilly Media, 2006.
18. Purvis, Michael, Sambells, Jeffrey and Tuner, Cameron. Google Maps Applications With PHP and AJAX. First Edition. New York : Apress, 2006.
19. Pimpler, Erick. Google Map AIP the New World of Web Mapping. s.l. : Geospatial Training and Cunsulting, 2006.
20. Google Map API Tutorial. [Online] [Cited: 4 13, 2007.] http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/googlemaps/.
21. KML Tutorial . [Online] [Cited: 4 12, 2007.] http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kml_21tutorial.html.