||This thesis focuses on the improvement of handoff scheme based on WiMAX ASN Anchor Mobility model. The proposed scheme can decrease the delay time of handoff by reducing the security context message during handoff procedure.|
In the thesis, the operation flows of WiMAX is firstly described, and then follow the scenario of WiMAX security procedure. Furthermore, by analyzing the issues of ignoring some security context exchange in ASN Anchor Mobility model, the encapsulation scheme is proposed to forwarded the encrypted packets between the anchor BS and the serving BS.
In accordance with the simulation results, the proposed ASN Anchor Mobility Handoff scheme has better performance than the“Mobile IPv6 Fast Handoffs over IEEE 802.16e Networks”and “Cross Layer Design of Handoffs in IEEE 802.16e Network” schemes in the handoff delay time. And the overhead caused by the encapsulation is also analyzed.
||1. IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks Part 16: Air Interface for Fixed and Mobile Broadband Wireless Access Systems Amendment 2: Physical and Medium Access Control Layers for Combined Fixed and Mobile Operation in Licensed Bands and Corrigendum 1, IEEE Std 802.16e-2005 and IEEE Std 802.16-2004 / Cor 1-2005, 2006.|
2. IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks Part 16: Air Interface for Fixed Broadband Wireless Access Systems, IEEE Std 802.16-2004, 2004.
3. D. Johnson, C. Perkins, “Mobility Support in IPv6＂, IETF RFC-3775, June 2004.
4. R. Koodli, Ed, “Fast Handoffs for Mobile IPv6＂, IETF RFC-4068, July 2005.
5. Heejin Jang, Junghoon Jee, Youn-Hee Han, Soohong Daniel Park, Jaesun Ch“Mobile IPv6 Fast Handoffs over IEEE 802.16e Networks＂, IETF Internet-Draft, 27 February 2006.
6. Fu-Yia Hsieh, Yeh-Wen Chen, and Po-Wei Wu, "Cross Layer Design of Handoffs in IEEE 802.16e Network", 2006 International Computer Symposium conference, 29 Jan 2007. P703-P708.
7. WiMAX End-to-End Network Systems Architecture (Stage 2: Architecture Tenets, Reference Model and Reference Points, WiMAX Forum Draft Document, Aug. 2006
8. WiMAX End-to-End Network Systems Architecture (Stage 3: Detailed Protocols and Procedures), WiMAX Forum Draft Document, Mar. 2007
9. Sik Choit, Gyung-Ho Hwangt, Taesoo Kwont, Ae-Ri Limt, Dong-Ho Chot, “Fast handoff Scheme for Real-Time Downlink Services in IEEE 802.16e BWA System” , Vehicular Technology Conference, May 2005.