||The surge of Internet has dramatically changed the business models employed by enterprises, which utilize the internet connection to construct the global electronic transaction market places, and remove the limitations of time and space which profoundly reduce the cost of conducting business transactions across national borders. The world is therefore becoming flatter. In order to survive, enterprises need to continuously seek for creativity and opportunity through rapid resource integration with real-time and accurate data analysis to speed up and assist the change management.|
The concept of ERP was proposed since 1990, ERP system has become the essential tools to support the enterprise operations because of its capabilities for real time resources sharing, alerts, providing operational analysis report, and to support the required multi-dimensional information for the purpose of decision making.
However, implementing ERP systems takes a long time and consume huge amount of resources. As a result, budget containment is the top concern when enterprises evaluating solutions providing by consulting firms and vendors. The consultant fees normally account for 60%~70% of the entire project cost for the first implementation. The fees are usually charged by man-day or man-month. As a result, the longer the project duration, the higher the fee charged. Therefore, shorten project durations can reduce the both the costs and time needed to adopt ERP systems.
The purpose of this study is to propose a new way of ERP system implementation,「The ERP Implementation Template Methodology」, to dramatically reduce the time and resrouces needed to implement ERP projects while keeping the quality of the projects at the same time. When implementation costs are reduced to a certain level, Taiwanese small-to-medium enterprises will be able to adopt the international ERP systems as their operational tools more easily.
This study includes a real case in which an enterprise actually utilize the 「ERP Implementation Template Methodology」to implement its system. The result shows that the methodology can reduce the cost and time to 1/2 and 2/3, respectively, comparing to traditional methodologies.
1. IBM (2007)，新銳CIO：策動商業變革的最佳夥伴，北京，IBM。
5. 許秉瑜、申元洪、蕭文龍、莊芷萱、陳炫碩(2008)，探討電腦自我效能對於ERP系統成功之影響，Journal of e-Business，中壢，中華企業資源規劃學會。
7. 張緯良(2004)，AIM Advantage 3.0簡介，台北，世新大學ERP實驗室
9. 經濟部商業司（2000），商業電子化策略規劃「引自Strategic Intelligence(1999) 」
10. 劉玉鈁(2003)，導入Oracle ERP的關鍵成功因素之研究，中壢，國立中央大學管理學院發表之碩士論文。
1. Aberdeen Group (2007), The 2007 ERP in Manufacturing Benchmark Report
2. APICS. (1995), Dictionary Edition 8.
3. APICS ( 2002), Dictionary Edition 10.
4. Davenport, T. H.(1998), “Putting the Enterprise into the Enterprise System”, Harvard Business Review, July-August
5. Fredman, Thomas L. (2005), The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century.
6. Gartner Group (1999), Dataquest, ERP Software Publishers: Service Strategies and Capabilities.
7. Hammer, Michael and Champy, James (1993), 'Reengineering The Corporation - A Manifesto for Business Revolution', HarperCollins, New York
8. Oracle AIM(2008), Oracle AIM wihte paper
9. SAP ASAP (2000), Accelerated SAP CD, SAP AG
10. Schramm,W. (1971), Notes on case studies of instructional media projects. Working paper, the Academy for Educational Development, Washington, DC.
11. Yin, R. K. (1981), The case study as a serious research strategy. Knowledge: Creation, Diffusion, Utilization.
12. Yin, R. K. (1993), Applications of case study research. Newbury Park, CA:Sage.
1. MIC劉楚慧(2008)，「全球委外風潮下，台灣商用軟體產業發展契機與轉型策略(2008/10/30) 」，資策會MIC http://www.itis.org.tw/rptDetail.screen?rptidno=330559998)
2. Oracle(2009),About Oracle < http://www.oracle.com/index.html >
3. Oracle AIM(2008), Oracle AIM wihte paper www.oracle.com/consulting/collateral/AIMadvantage.pdf
4. SAP solution manager(2009) , http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm
5. SAP(2009), About SAP http://www.sap.com/index.epx
6. 台灣商會聯合資訊網(2007) , http://www.tcoc.org.tw/IS/Dotnet/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=29770