||Innovation, research and development are the very important motivator and ability for the sustained operation of enterprise. Under the trend of globalization, leads the industry-wide technical standard and product specification war intensified increasingly. In addition to quality and cost considerations, the launch speed has already become one of the major indispensable success factors, for enterprises to gain marketing share and profit.|
Now enterprises are facing rapidly changeful business environment and fierce competition, except to control industry characteristic, fully understand and use the best advantage of enterprise itself, enterprises should continuously review and optimize the internal and external value process, to create a favorable innovation environment, that helps to design in the innovation management, quality management, knowledge management and product portfolio management effectively integrated into the activity of design chain, to connect with enterprise strategic and new product strategic so as to strengthen the competitive ability in the new products design field of enterprises.
This research tries to use a way of strategic analysis to review the activities of design chain, based on the process methodology of Stage Gate & Design Chain Operations Reference Model ( DCOR Model ), moreover, combined with the industrial practice experiences, to develop a structured and systematic management model, then to help enterprises proceeding the management of new product development system, also build the new product design performance indices, as well.
In a summary, this research gives a conclusion by three developed categories for new product development management system.
1.0 Design a collaborative framework of design chain quality system, also
its practice essential.
2.0 Establishing the new product development operations reference model.
Dividing by five major levels to describe the framework of new products development operations reference model, also their practice essentials.
3.0 Building the performance indices for new product research and
To combine DCOR, new product’s role and green design,…etc.,
constitute into seven major performances attributes, then according to these definition of performances attributes to develop the corresponding performance indices, those can be regarded as the choice basis of enterprises while measuring the new products research and development performance.
1. Takeuchi, Hirotaka and Ikujiro Nonaka (1986). The Product Development Game. Harvard Business Review, Jan-Feb, 137-146.
2. Robert G. Cooper (1999). Product Leadership: Creating and Launching Superior New Products. Perseus Books Group.
3. Crawford, C. Merle (1996). New Products Management, 5th ed, Homewood, Illions: Richard D. Irwin.
4. Robert D. Hisrich and Michael P. Peters (1978). Marketing A New Product: Its Planning, Development and Control. Addison-Wesley.
5. White, R (1976), Consumer Product Development, Penguin Books.
6. Booz, Allen and Hamilton (1982). New Product Management for the 1980s, New York, 17.
7. Sands, S. and L. M. Warwick (1977). Successful Business Innovation: A Survey of Current Professional View. Californian Management Review, Vol.20, No 2. 5-16.
8. Johne, F. A. (1987). Organizing for High Technology Product Development.
Management Decision, Vol.25, No 6. 23-28.
9. Gupta, A. K., S.P. Raj and D. L. Wilemon (1985). R&D and Marketing Dialogue in
High-Tech Firm. Industrial Marketing Management 14, 289-300.
10. Urban, Glen L. and John R. Hauser (1980). Design and Marketing of New Products, 1st ed. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 538-551.
11. Marquis and Myers (1969). Successful Industrial Innovations. National Sci. Foundation, Tech. Rep. NSF, 69-70.
12. Booz, Allen and Hamilton (1968), Management of New Products, NY: Allen
and Hamilton Inc.
13. R.G. Cooper & Kleinschmidt, E. J. (1995). Benchmarking Firms New Product
Performance and Practices. Engineering Management Review 23, 3, 112-120.
14. Larson, E. W and D. H. Gobeli (1988). Organizing for Product Development
Projects. Journal of Product Innovation Management, No 5. 180-190.
15. Davenport, T. and Pursak, L. (1998). Working Knowledge: How Organizations Manage What They Know, Boston Harvard Business School Press.
16. Beckman, T. (1997). Implementing the Knowledge Organization in Government, Paper and Presentation, 10th National Conference on Federal Quality.
17. Wiig, K.M. (1993). Knowledge Management Foundation, Schema Press.
18. Rogers, Everett M. (2003). Diffusion of Innovations. Fifth edition, New York:
Simon & Schuster.
19. Tidd, Joe and Bessant, John. (2009). Managing Innovation. Integrating
Technological Market and Organizational Change. 4th Edition. John Wiley
& Sons Inc.
20. John P. Kotter (1996). Leading Change, Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
21. O’Dell,C. and Grayson,C.Jr. (1998). If Only We Knew What We Know:
Identification and Transfer of Internal Best Practices. California Management Review, 154-174.
22. O’Dell,C. and C. Jackson Grayson.(2004). Identifying and Transferring Internal
Best Practices. Chapter 31, in Handbook on Knowledge Management Volume 1.
23. O’Dell,C., Susan Elliot, and Cindy Hubert. (2004). Achieving Knowledge
Management Outcomes. Chapter 44, in Handbook on Knowledge Management
24. Gareth R. Jones. (2004). Organizational Theory, Design and Change: Text and Cases, 4th edition. Pearson Education, Inc.
25. R.A. Burgelman and M.A. Maidique (1988). Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation. Homewood, IL:Irwin.
26. C. K. Prahalad and G. Hamel. (1990). The Core Competency of the Corporation. Harvard Business Review, May-June, 43-59.
27. S. Thomas Foster. (2007). Managing Quality: Integrating The Supplier Chain. 3rd Edition. Pearson Education Inc.
28. Robert Camp. (1995). Business Process Benchmarking (Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, P26.
29. Robert L. Katz (1955). Skill of An Effective Administrator. Harvard Business Review, Vol.33, January - February, 33-42.
1. 賴士葆 (1990). 研究發展 / 行銷 / 製造三部門互動與新產品發展績效之研究. 台北: HWA TAI Publishing.
2. 林東清 (2009). 知識管理 (Knowledge Management). Third Edition. 台北: BestWise.
3. 司徒達賢 (2009).策略管理新論 (Strategic Management: A New Perspective for Analysis), Second Edition. 台北: BestWise.
4. Caspar Hunsche (2008), 協同優勢, 研發鏈結: 追求卓越的設計, 台北: 中衛發展中心期刊, CSD Review 2008.1, No.3.
5. James P. Lewis and Louis Wong著. 林宜萱, 劉復苓譯. (2005).產品研發專案管理 ( Accelerated Project Management ). 初版. 台北: McGraw-Hill.
6. Kotler, Philip and Keller, Kevin Lane著. 樓永堅, 方世榮譯.(2006).行銷管理學 (Marketing Management). 12th版.台北: Pearson Education.
7. Dorothy Leonard-Barton (1995). 王美音譯(1998) .知識創新之泉: 智價企業的經營(Wellsprings of Knowledge: Building and Sustaining the Sources of Innovation. 初版.台北:Yuan-Liou.