||1. Abbott, L.J., Parker, S., and Peters, G. F., “Audit committee characteristics and restatement”, Auditing: a Journal of Practice & Theory, Vol.23(1), pp.69-87, March 2004.|
2. Agrawal, A., and Chadha, S., “Corporate governance and accounting scandals”, Journal of Law and Economics, Vol.48(2), pp.371-406, October 2005.
3. Bange, M.M., and Bondt, W.F.M., “R&D budgets and corporate earnings targets”, Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol.4 (2), pp.153-184, June 1998.
4. Barton, J., “Does the use of financial derivatives affect earnings management decisions?”, The Accounting Review, Vol.76(1), pp.1-26, 2001.
5. Bartov, E., “The timing of asset sales and earnings manipulation”, The Accounting Review, Vol.68 (4), pp.840-855, October 1993.
6. Bartov, E., Gul, F.A., and Tsui, J.S.L., “Discretionary-accrual models and audit qualifications”, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.30(3), pp.421-452, December 2000.
7. Beasley, M.S., and Salterio, S.E., “The relationship between board characteristics and voluntary improvements in audit committee compensation and experience”, Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol.18 (4), pp.539-570, 2001.
8. Becker, C. L., Defond, M.L., Jiambalvo, J.,Subramanyam, K.R., “The effect of audit quality on earnings management”, Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol.15(1), pp.1-24, Spring 1998.
9. Bedard, j., Chtourou, S.M., and Courteau, L., “The effect of audit committee expertise, independence, and activity on aggressive earnings management”, Auditing a Journal of Practice&Theory, Vol.23(2), pp.13-35, September 2004.
10. Bens, D.A., Nagar, V., Skinner, D.J., and Wong, M.H.F., “Employee stock options, EPS dilution, and stock repurchases”, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.36 (1-3), pp.51-90, December 2003.
11. Bergstresser, D., and Philippon, T., “CEO incentives and earnings management: evidence from the 1990s.”, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol.80, pp.511-529, 2006.
12. Black, E.L., Sellers, K.F., Manly, T.S., “Earnings management using asset sales: an international study of countries allowing noncurrent asset revaluation”, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Vol.25 (9-10), pp.1287-1317, November/December 1998.
13. Braswell, M., and Mauldin, E., “Changes in audit committee financial expertise”, Working paper, September 2004.
14. Brav, A., Graham, J.R., Harvey, C.R., and Michaely, R., “Payout policy in the 21st century”, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol.77 (3), pp.483-527, September 2005.
15. Burgstahler, D., and Dichev, I., “Earnings management to avoid earnings decreases and losses”, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.24 (1), pp.99-126, December 1997.
16. Carcello, J.V., Hollingsworth, C.W., Klein, A., and Neal, T.L., “Audit committee financial expertise, competing corporate governance mechanisms, and earnings management ”, Working paper, February 2006.
17. Chandar, N., Chang, H., and Zheng, X.,” Does overlapping membership on audit and compensation committees improve a firm’’s financial reporting quality”, Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol.11 (2), pp.141-165, 2012.
18. Cheng, Q., and Warfield, T.D.,” Equity Incentives and Earnings Management”, The Accounting Review, Vol.80 (2), pp.441-476, April 2005.
19. Cook, D.O., Krigman, L., Leach, J.C., ” An analysis of SEC guidelines for executing open market repurchases ”, The Journal of Business, Vol.76(2), pp.289-316, April 2003.
20. Davidson, W.N., Xie, B., and Xu, W., “Market reaction to voluntary announcements of audit committee appointments: The effect of financial expertise”, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Vol.23(4), pp.279-293, August 2004.
21. Dechow, P.M., Sloan, R.G., and Sweeney, A.P., “Detecting earnings management ”, The Accounting Review, Vol.70(2), pp.193-225, April 1995.
22. DeFond, M.L., Hann, R.N., and Hu, X., “Does the market value financial expertise on audit committees of boards of directors”, Journal of Accounting Research, Vol.43(2), pp.153-193, May 2005.
23. DeZoort, T., and Salterio, S., “The effects of corporate governance experience and financial reporting and audit knowledge on audit committee members’’ judgments”, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Vol.20(2), pp.31-47, September 2001.
24. Dhaliwal, D., Naiker, V., and Navissi, F., “Audit committee financial expertise, corporate governance and accruals quality an empirical analysis ”, Working paper, May 2006.
25. Felo, A.J., and Solieri, S.A., “Are all audit committee fi nancial experts”, International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, Vol.6(2), pp.150-166, October 2008.
26. Ganesh, K., Arnie,W., and Cohen, J., “Audit committee effectiveness and financial reporting quality：implications for auditor independence”, Australian Accounting Review, Vol.12(3), pp.3-13, November 2002.
27. Gore, P.O., Pope, P.F., and Singh, A., “Earnings management and the distribution of earnings relative to targets: UK evidence”, Accounting and Business Research, Vol.37, pp.123-150, 2007.
28. Graham, J.R., Harvey, C.R., and Rajgopal, S., “The economic implications of corporate financial reporting”, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.40 (1-3), pp.3-73, December 2005.
29. Grullon, G., and Ikenberry, D.L., “What do we know about stock repurchase?”, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Vol.13(1), pp.31-51, Spring 2000.
30. Guner, A.B., Malmendier, U., and Tate, G., “Financial expertise of directors”, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol.88 (2), pp.323-354, May 2008.
31. Healy, P.M., and Wahlen, J.M., “A Review of the Earnings Management Literature and its Implications for Standard Setting”, Accounting Horizons, Vol.13, pp.365-383, 1999.
32. Hribar, P., Jenkins, N.T., and Johnson, W.B.,“ Stock repurchases as an earnings management device”, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.41(1-2), pp.3-27, April 2006.
33. Jackson, S.B., and Wilcox, W.E., “Do Managers Grant Sales Price Reductions to Avoid Losses and Declines in Earnings and Sales?”, Quarterly Journal of Business and Economics, Vol.39 (4), pp.3-20, Autumn 2000.
34. Jeanjean, J., and Stolowy, H., “Determinants of board members’ financial expertise – Empirical evidence from France”, The International Journal of Accounting, Vol.44(4), pp.378-402, December 2009.
35. Jenkins, N.T., “Auditor independence, audit committee effectiveness, and earnings management”, University of Iowa, 2002.
36. Klein, K., “Audit committee, board of director characteristics and earnings management”, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.33, pp.375-400, August 2002.
37. Kotharia, S.P., Leoneb, A.J., and Wasley, C.E., “Performance matched discretionary accrual measures”, Journal of Accounting&Economics, Vol.39(1), pp.163-197, February 2005.
38. Krishnan, G.V., and Visvanathan, G., “Reporting internal control deficiencies in the post-Sarbanes-Oxley era: the role of auditors and corporate governance”, The International Journal of Auditing, Vol.11, pp.73-90, 2007.
39. Krishnan, G.V., and Visvanathan, G., “Does the SOX definition of an accounting expert matter the association between audit committee directors’’ accounting expertise and accounting conservatism”, Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol. 25(3), pp. 827-57, Fall 2008.
40. Krishnan, J., and Lee, J.E., “ Audit committee financial expertise, litigation risk, and corporate goverance”, Auditing：a Journal of Practice & Theory, Vol.28(1), pp.241-261, May 2009.
41. Lin, J.W., Li, J.F., and Yang, J.S., “The effect of audit committee performance on earnings quality”, Managerial Auditing Journal, Vol.21 (9), pp.921-933, 2006.
42. Lin, Z.J., Xiao, J.Z., and Tang, Q., “The roles, responsibilities and characteristics of audit committee in China”, Accounting, Auditing &Accountability Journal, Vol.21(5), pp.721-751, 2008.
43. Matsumoto, D.A., “Management’’s incentives to avoid negative earnings surprises”, The Accounting Review, Vol.77(3), pp.483-514, July 2002.
44. McDaniel, L., Martin, R.D., and Maines, L.A., “Evaluating financial reporting quality：the effect of financial expertise vs. financial literacy”, The Accounting Review, Vol.77, pp.139-167, 2002.
45. McNichols, M.F. “Research design issues In earnings management studies”, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Vol.19(4-5), pp.313-345, Winter 2000.
46. Meek, G.K., Rao, R.P., and Skousen, C.J., “Evidences on factors affecting the relationship between CEO stock option compensation and earnings management.”, Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol.6, pp.304-323, 2007.
47. Mustafa, S.T., and Youssef, N.B., “Audit committee financial expertise and misappropriation of assets”, Managerial Auditing Journal, Vol.25(3), pp.208-225, 2010.
48. Myers, J.N., Myers, L.A., and Skinner, D.J., “Earnings momentum and earnings management”, Working paper, August 2006.
49. Osma, B.G., “Board independence and real earnings management: the case of R&D expenditure”, Corporate Governance, Vol.16 (2), March 2008.
50. Osma, B.G., and Noguer, B.G., “The Effect of the Board Composition and its Monitoring Committees on Earnings Management: evidence from Spain”, Corporate Governance: An International Review, Vol.15 (6), pp.1413-1428, November 2007.
51. Pomeroy, B., “Audit committee member investigation of significant accounting decisions”, Auditing a Journal of Practice &Theory, Vol.29(1), pp.173-205, May 2010.
52. Raghunandan, K., Read, W.J., and Rama, D.V., “Audit committee composition," gray directors," and interaction with internal auditing”, Accounting Horizons, Vol.15, 2001.
53. Roychowdhury, S., “Earnings management through real activities manipulation”, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.42(3), pp.335-370, December 2006.
54. Saleh, N.M., Iskandar, T.M., and Rahmat, M.M., “Audit committee characteristics and earnings management evidence from Malaysia”, Asian Review of Accounting, Vol.15(2), pp.147-163, 2007.
55. Warfield, T.D., Wild, J.J., and Wild, K.L., “Managerial ownership, accounting choices, and informativeness of earnings”, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol.20 (1), pp.61-91, July 1995.
56. Weiss, R., “Audit committee characteristics and monitoring effectiveness”, City University of New York, 2006.
57. Xie,B., Davidson, W.N., and DaDalt, P.J., “Earnings management and corporate governance the roles of the board and the audit committee”, Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol.9(3), pp.295-316, June 2003.
58. Xu, R.Z., Taylor, G.K., and Dugan, M.T., “ Review of real earnings management literature”, Journal of Accounting Literature, Vol.26, pp.195-228, 2007.
59. Yu, J., “Share repurchases and earnings management”, The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Ph.D., May 2009.
60. Yusof, M.M., “Does audit committee constraint discretionary accruals in MESDAQ listed companies”, International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol1(3), December 2010.
61. Zhang, Y., Zhou, J., and Zhou, N., “Audit committee quality, auditor independence, and internal control weaknesses”, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Vol.26 (3), pp.300-327, May-June 2007.