|Abstract: ||LFT(Low Free TDI)聚氨酯(Polyurethane簡稱PU)固化劑俗稱環保型固化劑，在2005年前在中國並沒有專業生產廠商，全部依賴進口，數量約在2萬噸/年以上，至2006年底已有三家外資企業設廠投入生產，產能預估在2萬~2.5萬噸/年，可見大家都共同看好這個有環保需求的市場，從供不應求到供需平衡，從代理商的競爭到直接生產廠商的競爭，其中的激烈的市場變化可見一斑。|
;Before early 2005, while the demand was more the 20,000 tons per year, there was no manufacturer producing LFT(Low Free TDI)-PU(Polyurethane) Hardener in mainland China. The market could only get the material through import. Now (Jun, 2006), there are at least three foreign capital companies dedicating to the production and the output is anticipated between 20,000- 25,000 tons per year. From under to over support, from the competition between agencies to manufacturers, the acute transformation shows that most people are optimistic to the market relating to eco-trend. However, manufacturers should not only focus on the potencies of this market, but the more and more violent competition.
This dissertation is to analyze the development and trend of LFT(Low Free TDI)-PU Hardener industry in mainland China. Through this research, we hope to provide some advice to related manufacturers about managing and planning their production, and also to authorities to set policies of the industry.
The thesis is mainly follows the two methods, “Five force analysis method” and “The industry matrix analysis method”, to describe and analyze each industrial strategy and its trend. “The strategy matrix analysis method”, comparing to the industry matrix analysis method, is also used in case study to deduce the possible strategic combinations of management.
The conclusion comes out as what following:
1. If a manufacturer wants its productive quality to achieve the present and future standard, it has to choose their input to “Molecular thin-film distillation apparatus” carefully.
2. Because the productive way of LFT (Low Free TDI)-PU Hardener is serial, and the material itself is chemically unstable, once there is fine problem unable to eliminate on time, and it may cost about a week to reset the equipments. Therefore, manufacture’s curve of experience is one of the key to success.
3. Original equipments and cumulative experiences are helpful to expand economic scale and also can be the basis to further investment.
4. By“Molecular thin-film distillation apparatus”, manufacture’s curve of experience, and innovative processes, manufacturers can develop some other highly accessional new productions.
5. Main material, TDI, account for 70% of the cost, and the supply cannot meet the demand. Someone who can seize the supply of TDI is able to do vertical integration backward.
6. Once the government set new eco-decrees to catch global trends, it may transform the façade of the whole industry.
7 The industry of LFT-PU Hardener is still oligopoly in China, and Bayer China is the leading manufacturer.
8. The Company in our case study has built their industries in China and is capable to produce flexiblely to fit coditions of Taylor-made. It can efficiently increase customers’Taylor-made dependence.
9. The case study company’s output mainly sells to Painters. In order to strengthen the vantage of its products, it takes LFT in chief to associate with other sets of productions.